Addressing COVID-19 Talent Challenges
Right now, you’re navigating a newly remote workforce, pivoting operations, implementing new systems and processes to support these shifts, and re-aligning your current teams.
Tipping Point with Zach Yentzer appearance: the importance of small business advocacy and how we are all linked to the survival of our food, arts, and hospitality industry.
The Talent Store is here to help employers get the right people, in the right jobs, faster. We’re committed to helping our clients rise stronger from this crisis!
How do you continue to move forward with recruiting efforts and workforce shifts effectively?
How will you rebuild your teams as operations begin to return to normal?
We’ve updated our core services to address specific challenges related to COVID-19.
The employment situation has shifted dramatically since the coronavirus outbreak shut down large portions of the economy. HR leaders have had to quickly pivot from recruiting amid the lowest unemployment on record to managing a sea change in the way people work while planning for a very different post-COVID future.
Roy Maurer for SHRM
Talent Strategy Consulting
We can enhance or act as your interim HR team to keep employee programs going while addressing some of the key needs in this crisis:
- Supporting a shift to virtual interviewing and on boarding
- Development of virtual employee engagement and training programs
- Navigation of new FMLA, Paid Sick Leave and safety sensitive policies and procedures
- Implementation of remote work programs and policies
- Helping you make strategic shifts in your current workforce
- Developing your phased back to work plan
Consulting services are always customized to address your specific needs.
The truth is that even though we will potentially get a ton of responses to a job post, it will be that much more difficult to find the right people with the right skillset. A lot of people will apply for a lot of positions, whether they have the right skills or not. Organizations need to start looking for critical talent now and while technology is often used to help weed out resumes, having a group of talent acquisition specialists dedicated to finding qualified candidates will be important.
Lina Graves, CPO Hirschfeld Properties
Key Position Placement
You still have Key Positions to fill and, with talent pools even more dispersed and unemployment reaching double digits soon, connecting with the right talent will be a challenge. The workload to recruit, sort through, reach out and vet applicants will be more complex than ever and your teams have even less time and capacity.
Our Key Position Placement services were designed so that we act as a true partner and are billed at a flat rate, giving you a more impactful experience at a lower cost than our competitors. We’re not just looking for skills and experience match, but also assessing soft skills and culture fit.
Placement services include:
- Implementation of ad campaigns, leveraging our sponsored seats on major job boards
- Direct recruitment and leveraging our network on your behalf
- Management of candidate communication from outreach through interview and dis-positioning
- Conducting of prescreen interviews
- Presentation of top candidates with summary of hard and soft skills alignment
- Interview process management that includes video and virtual vetting
Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Whether you’re an Essential Business with bulk staffing needs now or will need to rebuild your teams coming out of this, we’re here to help.
- Implementation and management of ad campaigns leveraging your current systems
- Active sourcing from all applicable job boards and associations
- Hosting of interview or hiring events
- Slate of top candidates summarized and presented for interview
- Full data reporting that includes applicant volume, conversion rates and source tracking
Fees for this service include a monthly management fee and a slate fee charged when we present 3-5 qualified candidates for each position assigned. These fees are lower than typical recruitment costs and are based on volume.
The Talent Store NOW Subscription
In response to COVID 19, we are offering The Talent Store NOW subscription plan for 90 day increments.
For the months of June, July and August, companies will be able to register for our annual subscription plan for a 90 day trial.
Companies will be able to leverage our consulting and recruiting services to rebuild their teams, develop and implement the policies and programs needed to bring people back to work.
Learn more about our subscription benefits.
- Quarterly Employer Brand review and updates to all key job boards to enhance your profile and help you stand out from the competition
- 8 hours per month of customized HR Talent Strategy consulting
- 10% discount all Key Position Placement fees
- RPO Services management fees waived for the first month of each bulk hiring project
- Access to employer events, resources and affiliate discounts
There may be supplements or grants available for small businesses to share the cost of this.
Do you need additional support?
If you’ve lost health coverage due to a job change or layoff, you have options:
- COBRA is a continuation of your employer health insurance coverage. Typically, employers discontinue their contribution to your monthly premiums, so, you are responsible for the full cost of coverage plus a 2% administrative charge.
- Shop the Marketplace on Healthcare.gov; loss of employer (or other) health coverage is a qualifying event that allows you to enroll in new health insurance outside of open enrollment. You have 60 days from the date of insurance loss to enroll. https://www.healthcare.gov/
- You can also explore your options for you and your family with AHCCCS, Arizona’s Medicaid agency. https://www.azahcccs.gov/ You can also explore food assistance through SNAP.
If you’ve lost your job for good or for now, you can file for unemployment benefits through the state’s Department of Economic Security (DES). There has been a loosening of requirements to receive unemployment that is detailed at DES’ site. Additionally, the Federal Government has added a $600 per week benefit to the typical state benefits. There is a flood of people filing, so be patient and persistent and in the box that asks if you are looking for work, simply write “COVID-19”. https://www.healthcare.gov/
the Families First Coronavirus Act (FFCRA) outlined temporary expansions to Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and adds an Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA). This adds paid sick leave for Corona Virus quarantine or the care of a family member and adds 10 weeks to the employer FMLA requirement. For details go to https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employee-paid-leave
Free Lancers Union is free to join and has extensive resources for Freelancers to access including information about loans, unemployment, health insurance, halting evictions, and other aid programs https://blog.freelancersunion.org/2020/03/11/what-freelancers-need-to-know-about-coronavirus/
Local First Arizona has gathered resources in one easy to navigate page https://www.localfirstaz.com/covidresources
Pima Community College’s Small Business Development Center is helping businesses apply for low-interest federal disaster loans. Call 520-206-4580 and a consultant will get back to you.
Arizona Together is the centralized site to access a comprehensive list of resources available throughout Arizona. This includes child, parent, mental health, emergency and housing support services; visit: https://arizonatogether.org/
#ThisisTucson has compiled a list of food resources for restaurant workers and families; https://thisistucson.com/tucsonlife/where-to-find-free-meals-food-assistance-and-grocery-resources/article_973c3816-6ab9-11ea-9e12-8fcda1cde004.html
No Kid Hungry has a texting hotline to find food distribution sites for kids dependent on the food lunch programs; text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877-877, more info at nokidhungry.org
Community Action Partnership provides assistance with paying rent and utilities; https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/pima_county_community_action_a.html
Interfaith Community Services can help with clothing, food and utilities; https://www.icstucson.org/
Local First AZ has shared a drive of resources providing guidance to restaurants, retail and salon re-opening: LFAZ COVID 19 re-opening guidance
SHRM provides clear guidance on applying for PPP Loan forgiveness; payroll and headcount requirements. PPP Loan Forgiveness Guidance
Alternative option to the PPP Loan program is the Employee Retention Tax Credit. Learn more Here
Learn more about the EIDL Advance and Loan programs here: SBA EIDL program
We're standing by to help – Schedule a time to talk
We’re ready to customize a plan to support your needs!
About The Talent Store
We provide recruitment and consulting services that place the right people, in the right jobs, faster. We continuously develop our expertise and network, freeing our clients to stay busy with what they do best.
To bring creative thinking, innovation and an extensive talent network to play a key role in our clients’ attainment of their strategic goals through talent acquisition and retention.
To connect talented individuals with career making opportunities.
The Talent Store is the meeting place where thought leadership, opportunity and talent connect to create growth.
Open communication and transparency
Thought leadership and innovation
Matchmaking and creating connections
Focus on outcomes and impact
Equal opportunity, inclusion and safety